Monday, March 17, 2008

Comments from Patients.

As a long-standing patient I was horrified to learn that the Logan Road General Practice is in danger of closing due to a shortage of doctors. Janet Clarkson has been my GP for 15 years and has seen me through a number of quite complicated medical procedures and conditions. Should the practice close I wonder what will happen to my medical records.

My concerns are replicated by hundreds of the practice’s patients and I for one have decided to join the campaign to save the practice.

Beverley Miller
Coorparoo

I read the article in the SouthEast Advertiser about the GP situation in the electorate of Griffith. At my next appointment with Dr. Janet Clarkson we talked about the situation and how dire it is not only for the Logan Road General Practice but for GPs generally. I offered to write to Kevin Rudd, member for Griffith and Prime Minister. So this campaign got underway.

I have sat in the waiting room of the Logan Road General Practice often and have watched the diversity of people who are cared for in this practice, including immigrants and the elderly. These doctors serve the community around Greenslopes as well as a wider demographic.

Barbara Reynolds-Hutchinson
Coorparoo

No comments: